Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Week 8 Run 1

This week my little man, Lucas, has been sick so I wasn't able to go to the gym as expected earlier today.  However, I wasn't going to let that stop me from getting my run on.  So around 9:30 pm I took off for the gym.  I didn't start out strong for today's 28 minutes of straight running (since I hadn't eaten much today and definitely not a good dinner).  But I wasn't going to let that stop me.  So kept on pushing.

With 8 minutes left of my run I get a text from my husband informing me that my little guy threw up in our bed.  Now what to do???  Finish my run or hurry home????

I finished my run!!! I wanted to stop and head home to see my little guy, but I figured it's still gonna take me about 5-8 minutes to get home and by then my husband would have everything handled.  Thus, there isn't any reason to stop my progress and it's best to finish my run.

I felt so much better once I finished my run.  It's true what they say, you will feel better by working out, I'm less stressed, and happier once I work out.  In fact I think my husband is seeing that too.  When I'm having a bad day he will tell me to go to the gym.  I love it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment